Tuesday 2 August 2011


This is a delightful image and I would be very happy to call this my home. Failing that it's on my list of 'places to visit' if and when I go on an erm... summer holiday to Germany (not that I have anything particularly against Germany, it's just not top of the list for me)

The upside down house called “The World Stands on its Head” was built as a tourist attraction in Trassenheide, a German town on the Baltic Sea island of Usedom.

The Polish born German business man who had it built wanted it to be an “experiment for the senses.” The Cape Cod-style house had to be built with a steel frame because of the tremendous weight on the section of the roof poking into the ground. The 120 meter square home has to be accessed through the attic. About the only thing the right side up is the stairs because the visitors need to go up them to get to the “ground” floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment