Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sad times




I was pretty sad to see this Facebook postfrom the exceptionally talented British musician Whitey. I suppose it's the same situation as many exceptionally creative yet perhaps not chart-topping artists face these days. Lots of people love them, fellow musicians respect them and they generally have credibility streaming out of their ears but it doesn't transfer into big fat dollar signs for big fat record label bosses (or even quite skinny ones on microbiotic diets i would imagine). I'm not going to try and dissect a situation I don't know much about beyond this meagre blog post but all I know is Whitey can really write what to my ears, is a wonderful beautiful pop song and so for him not to get a record deal of any worth sucks balls big time. Onwards and upwards as I so very often say. Oh yeah, and the spirit of his punk rock attitude and true creativity he's stuck his fingers up at the record labels and will instead have his album available for your listening pleasure as of Saturday the 19th May here. Happy Birthday to me (well a day late but who's counting?)

No comments:

Post a Comment